NEW: We have a Discord server now. Click here to go there now!

NOTE: Why not use our List Manager to crack your lists? Its easy and enables better management.

NOTE: When cracking WPA/WPA2 passwords, make sure you check gpuhash.me first incase it's already been processed.

Home - Wireless Cracking - Useful cap converter for windows

17 Results - Page 1 of 1 -
Hash-IT

Team: HashKiller
Fri, 20 Nov 2015 @ 18:43:36

Some windows users may find this useful, the chap who wrote it is asking for bug reports and feature requests.

Link

Please read the forum rules. | Please read the paid section rules.

BTC: 1MmWESN5bKZ1YSuHrm5uNwnQYxWyQnEQ6E

hashem

Team:
Fri, 20 Nov 2015 @ 19:04:04

Useful tool

Thank you

BTC: 1PqLtCYVwqKaJU9ukmhbRB4o6Xw4Zd4TwE
PayPal: https://www.paypal.me/hrwx

Poppy

Team:
Fri, 20 Nov 2015 @ 22:18:21

On screenshot the font is monospace of some sort, in my case on Win7x64 i get sans-serif.

Eleadon

Team:
Sat, 21 Nov 2015 @ 05:31:13

I'm the one who wrote that. The font you're supposed to be seeing is Fixedsys. I've just made a small change that will attempt to use other common monospace fonts if you don't have Fixedsys on your system.

BTC: 1JAxmj4n2pTskkK37h1pysYd2L5XjXsM3W

Hash-IT

Sat, 21 Nov 2015 @ 14:00:26

Hi Eleadon and welcome to the forum, I was hoping you would join here.

A couple of requests please

Can you make it possible for batch operation, say a user has 10 captures and just wants them all converted.

My most important feature request is could you please add some sort of capture quality check ? Not the slightly questionable wpaclean but something more like how Pyrit checks the validity of a capture ?

Thanks for your program and for joining the forum !

Hash-IT

Sun, 06 Dec 2015 @ 15:39:18

I am unashamedly bumping this thread, it's also been a while

In addition to the feature requests above, would it be possible to allow the user to enter the information, via keyboard, to allow users to make custom test .caps and .hccaps ?

Allow drag and drop into the main window for quick and easy use,

Display more info about the contents of the .cap file, such as...

WPA PSK
TKIP or CCMP
WPS is enabled / disabled

I am also noticing on some computers (all the same OS win7 64bit) that I cannot always open the program. I can double click on the exe and nothing happens. Any ideas ?

Thanks.

Eleadon

Team:
Thu, 10 Dec 2015 @ 05:54:28

Made a small update today to allow the reading and writing of multi hccaps (multiple handshakes contained within a single file) and browsing through them with left/right arrows.

1. Can you make it possible for batch operation, say a user has 10 captures and just wants them all converted.

I will probably add this in a future version. Would you prefer to add the files individually or just specify a particular folder and have all files in that folder processed?

2. Could you please add some sort of capture quality check?

If any of the boxes appear empty after importing a file it means that piece of information could not be parsed from the file. So what you're looking for is to have numbers in all of the boxes and all be of a specific length. ANONCE and SNONCE should be 32, KEYMIC should be 16. EAPOL should be roughly 100+ and should contain the SNONCE on the 2nd and 3rd lines.

3. Would it be possible to allow the user to enter the information, via keyboard, to allow users to make custom test .caps and .hccaps?

All of the textboxes should already be editable but they all have a maximum length. If you can't type into one try pressing backspace to free up space then type the character you want.

4. Allow drag and drop into the main window

I may add this in the future. For now I've added the ability to pass a file by command line and if you right-click anywhere on the program you can choose to associate the program with either .hccap or .cap files (by either right-click or left-click).

5. Display more info about the contents of the .cap file, such as...

WPA PSK
TKIP or CCMP
WPS is enabled / disabled

Right now I only have a small library of caps to work with. If anyone has any caps showcasing these traits they can upload to a free filehost so I can study what to look for I would appreciate it.

6. I am also noticing on some computers (all the same OS win7 64bit) that I cannot always open the program.
I can double click on the exe and nothing happens. Any ideas?

You can try downloading the VB6 runtimes from here...

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=24417

Only other thing I can think of is right-click on it, choose Properties, and enable Compatibility Mode for Windows XP or earlier. It was written in VB6 which is a legacy language intended for the late 90's, early 2000's era. Maybe Windows is blocking it because it was downloaded from the internet. If you try right-clicking on it and choosing Properties, if you see a button that says "Unblock", click that. Or maybe it wasn't downloaded completely. The latest version should be 172KB (176,128 bytes) and have a MD5 of 07F8742FBB1ED15E18574DF1606850B9.

Hash-IT

Thu, 10 Dec 2015 @ 13:45:37

Thanks for your reply.

1. It would be nice to be able to drag a folder into the window or select a few files and drag them. Also File/select folder would be good. I already have a batch method to do this but I am hoping your tool will help people who join this forum ans ask for WPA cracks to sort their files out before posting.

2. Yes I understand this thank you. Having ANONCE, SNONCE and the ESSID etc does not necessarily mean a good capture. The packets can be out of sync. I was thinking you could compare the nonces of packets 1 and 3 to make sure they are equal. Then look for packet 2 between them, ignoring any packet 2's outside of that sequence. If a packet 4 is present compare that with packet 2 nonce. If all are in sequence, 1 and 3 match then it probably is a good capture. Usually working backwards in a capture is better than forwards as the last sequence is "usually" the right one.

3. Thanks.

4. Thanks, looking forward to it.

5. Everything I have just now is .hccap LOL I will try to find something for you unless someone else can contribute before me.

6. There was no "UNBLOCK" option, MD5 is good. I tried running in comparability mode for XP XPsp2 XP sp3 no luck. I tried the latest version on a PC which managed to run the first version, but it would not run the new one V 1.2

I received an error "Error accessing the registry, Error number 2, Error_bad_key, calling function regopenkey.

I run a light win7 and I am not keen on installing VB6 runtimes to run 1 program and I doubt others will either. To make your program more popular especially among people who do not use the command line tools to complete these tasks, then I suggest you consider making it more standalone.

You have made a great tool and one I think I would like to use instead of my scripts. Your tool would be very useful to our forum community as it would enable people new to cleaning / converting captures to do it easily. As I say, these very same people are unlikely to want to install VB6 if they don't know how to achieve the same results as your tool using existing command line tools.

I am not having a moan at you I can just see many problems ahead and a wasted opportunity if you don't make it more standalone at the start.

Thanks for contributing to the community so far Have some more +Rep

EDIT

Link to some capture files.

Eleadon

Team:
Thu, 10 Dec 2015 @ 22:52:40

I just tweaked my registry functions a bit so you should not get that error anymore. All file associations are turned off by default and can be individually enabled by right-clicking. Just in case the user wants to associate this program with .cap files, a check is made to see if wireshark is installed. If it is, a backup of wireshark's .cap file association is made to revert to later if the user changes their mind. That's where that registry error was coming from.

I am really trying to narrow down which dependencies you're missing that would cause it not to work on some of your machines. Try saving the following as a .BAT file and run it. It will print out which DLLs this program needs that you're missing. That way I'll know exactly which ones to distribute.

@ECHO OFF
IF NOT EXIST %WINDIR%\SysWOW64\advapi32.dll ( ECHO advapi32.dll is missing )
IF NOT EXIST %WINDIR%\SysWOW64\asycfilt.dll ( ECHO asycfilt.dll is missing )
IF NOT EXIST %WINDIR%\SysWOW64\comcat.dll ( ECHO comcat.dll is missing )
IF NOT EXIST %WINDIR%\SysWOW64\ComDlg32.OCX ( ECHO ComDlg32.OCX is missing )
IF NOT EXIST %WINDIR%\SysWOW64\ctl3d32.dll ( ECHO ctl3d32.dll is missing )
IF NOT EXIST %WINDIR%\SysWOW64\gdi32.dll ( ECHO gdi32.dll is missing )
IF NOT EXIST %WINDIR%\SysWOW64\kernel32.dll ( ECHO kernel32.dll is missing )
IF NOT EXIST %WINDIR%\SysWOW64\msvbvm60.dll ( ECHO msvbvm60.dll is missing )
IF NOT EXIST %WINDIR%\SysWOW64\ole32.dll ( ECHO ole32.dll is missing )
IF NOT EXIST %WINDIR%\SysWOW64\oleaut32.dll ( ECHO oleaut32.dll is missing )
IF NOT EXIST %WINDIR%\SysWOW64\olepro32.dll ( ECHO olepro32.dll is missing )
IF NOT EXIST %WINDIR%\SysWOW64\scrrun.dll ( ECHO scrrun.dll is missing )
IF NOT EXIST %WINDIR%\SysWOW64\stdole2.tlb ( ECHO stdole2.tlb is missing )
IF NOT EXIST %WINDIR%\SysWOW64\user32.dll ( ECHO user32.dll is missing )
pause

Hash-IT

Thu, 10 Dec 2015 @ 22:59:01

Good idea

Luckily there only seems to be one missing...

ComDlg32.OCX

Eleadon

Team:
Fri, 11 Dec 2015 @ 04:39:49

Thanks. I had a feeling it might be that one. That's an old common dialog control I use for my Open and Save dialogs that Microsoft doesn't support anymore. For the time being I've put it in the repository so people can at least use it but in the future I'll re-code it to use the Win32 API and not require that file at all.

For any other files that may be missing or unregistered I've added a file called dlls.zip to the repository that contains all possible VB6 runtimes with a batch script to only install the ones you need.

Hash-IT

Fri, 11 Dec 2015 @ 14:03:04

That's great, thank you. This is going to be a useful / interesting project

Hash-IT

Tue, 22 Dec 2015 @ 17:31:16

Any news for us Eleadon ?

This is an interesting and useful project, I hope you get some time over the holidays to release some updates

Eleadon

Team:
Tue, 22 Dec 2015 @ 19:39:51

I released a minor update the other day to not require ComDlg32.OCX any more so it should work more reliably for anyone who was having issues before. I'll try to work on adding drag-and-drop next.

In the coming weeks I also plan on making a secondary program for easier organization and management of multiple caps/hccaps. It would allow you to import any number of WPA handshakes you have (in either cap or hccap) and see all of their info at once. You would be able to add whatever additional info you wanted next to them such as PSK, default keyspace, what you have tried, etc. And export that info in either cap, hccap or txt format. It would also provide one click access to run the handshake in either hashcat or aircrack. It's just in the brainstorming phase now so if you've got any ideas for features I'm open to suggestions.

Hash-IT

Tue, 22 Dec 2015 @ 22:37:28

Interesting stuff Eleadon !

Would you mind letting us all know on this forum when you release a new update please ? It's such a useful tool I am sure you will have many users here who would like to know.

I like the sound of your additional management tool. Hmm, I will have to think of some requests LOL

If you ever get stuck with something, there are a few programmers on this forum who may be able to help you.

Eleadon

Team:
Wed, 30 Dec 2015 @ 18:34:14

Finally had a free moment and was able to add drag and drop support in the latest version (version 1.4). You can now drag and drop any combination of cap/hccap files (or folders containing them) into the main window and it will auto-convert them to the opposite format (.caps will be converted to .hccap and .hccaps will be converted to .cap). You will be prompted if a file already exists. I've also added an "Always on Top" option to the right-click menu. You can download the latest version here.

Hash-IT

Wed, 30 Dec 2015 @ 22:53:25

Wow Eleadon, you have been busy ! +Rep

I have to say it's looking very professional now. Thank you very much for the release and for letting us know.

17 Results - Page 1 of 1 -

We have a total of 211874 messages in 25988 topics.
We have a total of 22994 registered users.
Our newest registered member is PassGuy25.