NEW: We have a Discord server now. Click here to go there now!

NOTE: Why not use our List Manager to crack your lists? Its easy and enables better management.

NOTE: When cracking WPA/WPA2 passwords, make sure you check gpuhash.me first incase it's already been processed.

Home - Wireless Cracking - Pcie Risers Splitters?

7 Results - Page 1 of 1 -
frenchy1

Team:
Sat, 06 Feb 2016 @ 23:29:03

Hi all

Anyone had any experience with the following splitters?

http://amfeltec.com/products/flexible-x4-pci-express-4-way-splitter/

Or

http://www.sintech.cn/riser%20card/ST-PCIE4PCIE%20PCI-E%20X1%20to%204%20PCIe%20x1%20riser%20cable.html

I have 2 x 1 lane and 2 x 16 lane and would love another four. If you have any other suggestions like multiple motherboards I would love to hear it. Cheers

Just a hobbyist

5E7ABE94

Team:
Mon, 08 Feb 2016 @ 02:38:30

I have seen on a couple forum post on hashcat about pci-e splitters they do seem to work however i do not think the price of them would offset just getting another MB/cpu/mem for the extra cards. So my advice unless you really need all of your cards in the same system forget about it and just buy a cheap amd MB and cpu.

Spend $200 on a very specialized pci-e splitter card or spend 300 on a whole new Pc build with 4 or 5 slots that can be easily sold if needed

frenchy1

Team:
Mon, 08 Feb 2016 @ 05:09:25

HI user

i just saw this quote by you on the handshake you just cracked

"I have them in multiple but clustered with hashtopus makes managing multiples PC's very easy. i get about 2,000Kh/s collectively on wpa"

can you elaborate on this?

so you have mutliple pc's running, they are running 1 instance of oclhashcat and using hashtopus to join them?

maybe i should look into this instead?

Just a hobbyist

5E7ABE94

Team:
Mon, 08 Feb 2016 @ 05:40:20

Real basically Hashtopus is a php based server that Client machines connect to. hashtopus splits up a particular task and distributes it to each client based on how much compute power that client has. (IE and system running 4 titanX's would receive more key space than a client running lets say 2x 7850's.) each Client pc runs separate instances of oclhashcat or cudahashcat and only runs the key space hashtopus tells it to run. You can que multiple tasks with multiple hashlists even have a library of commonly ran tasks to easily deploy quickly.

hashtopus is not a perfect solution by any means but it is a very nice and easy way to combine hashing power of multiple pc's infact i have 6 separate pc's 2 of which are "daily drivers" that i use for gaming and media and the other 4 are dedicated headless hashing rigs that house the majority of my cards. if you are like me sometimes i like to use my computer for gaming but sometimes you dont want to stop the current task you have hashcat working on one of the really nice things about hashtopus is if any given client stops or times out it simply redistributes the work to other clients. another nice feature is all clients get hash lists synced in real time so if client A cracks 10 hashes, clients B,C,D,E,F instantly get sent those cracks to remove them from the hashlist thus freeing up gpu cycles for uncracked hashes.

Looking into hashtopus would be a wise idea all i was stating above is that spending $200 on a specialized piece of hardware is almost as much as just purchasing a second board that could be resold if needed.

frenchy1

Team:
Mon, 08 Feb 2016 @ 08:11:48

Thankyou very much for the time you have taken to explain this to me and other. I will look into hashtopus a little more

Just a hobbyist

5E7ABE94

Team:
Mon, 08 Feb 2016 @ 08:34:09

Not a problem if you have issues setting anything up let me know i have some experience with hashtopus setup

frenchy1

Team:
Mon, 08 Feb 2016 @ 09:19:34

Great. If there are anyou tutorials out there i would love to see them. I am pretty new to this. Cheers

Just a hobbyist

7 Results - Page 1 of 1 -

We have a total of 210393 messages in 25841 topics.
We have a total of 22912 registered users.
Our newest registered member is Balu314.