NEW: We have a Discord server now. Click here to go there now!

NOTE: Why not use our List Manager to crack your lists? Its easy and enables better management.

NOTE: When cracking WPA/WPA2 passwords, make sure you check gpuhash.me first incase it's already been processed.

Home - Wireless Cracking - Confusing issue

3 Results - Page 1 of 1 -
shived

Team:
Sun, 20 Nov 2016 @ 22:05:37

Ok. So i have a problem that i haven't seen before or ever heard of it. When i am in Windows and checking the wireless networks, there is a network called dlink_DWR-921 that is WEP encrypted. So far so good. When i start kali and check for networks, the same dlink_DWR-921 network shows up as WPA2-PSK with WPS enabled. Now, which one is the real encryption for that network ? Has anyone heard of this ?

freeroute
Team:
Sun, 20 Nov 2016 @ 22:53:27

Did you try airodump-ng wlan0mon/ath0 (your wireless interface name in monitor mode) command? (airodump-ng will display a list of detected access points). What is the output?

XMPP: freeroute@xmpp.jp
General rules | Paid section rules

shived

Team:
Sun, 20 Nov 2016 @ 22:56:44

Yes i did. No matter what i try in kali, it always shows up as WPA2-PSK. Airodump-ng, wifite, wash -i. All of them show the network as WPA2. And in windows it always shows up as WEP. I posted the .cap and .hccap of that network in WPA cracking section of the forum. I tried cracking it as WEP with no success, and i tried cracking it as WPA2 with no success...

3 Results - Page 1 of 1 -

We have a total of 210761 messages in 25878 topics.
We have a total of 22930 registered users.
Our newest registered member is xowexo.