NOTE: When cracking WPA/WPA2 passwords, make sure you check gpuhash.me first incase it's already been processed.

Home - General Discussion - I need some help setting up a distrubuted cracking system. CrackLord maybe?

4 Results - Page 1 of 1 -
kevinds

Team:
Sun, 02 Dec 2018 @ 18:22:58

Hello,

I am trying to setup a web interface for managing cracking jobs for various projects.

Right now PKZIP2..

CrackLord seemed to fit exactly what I needed but complete and total failure at every step/option.

So to start, because I keep finding most places that Hashcat doesn't support PKZIP2 at all.. But then some places say it is supported but CPU only?
a
What other resource managers are there (I plan to run the management server on one of my VMs at home on a public IP) then work machines hopefully with various OSs connecting to it. Would be nice to have AWS integrated, specifically Spot Instances.. Also have a number of Windows based gaming computers spread around that could join in..

What should I be looking at for the management server? There are a few to choose from.. CrackLord seemed close to perfect if it would have worked.. Been trying for a week.. For workers, right now I have two dual-E5 servers that are blank and ready to work, a few Windows gaming systems, and some AWS credit to use.

I am familiar with Debian and CentOS 6, but not not anywhere near an expert.

I tried the Passware software package that is floating around but that was just inefficient.. It wouldn't work the hosts. (AWS example - c4.xlarge was doing the same number of hashes as g2.8xlarge, which was also the same as one of the dual E5 servers) Glad I didn't pay for it..

I will appreciate any pointers and guidance.. Thank you

0xln

Team:
Sun, 02 Dec 2018 @ 19:22:21

Big fan of Hashtopolis personally, seems to be what most of the competing teams used to manage things

kevinds

Team:
Sun, 02 Dec 2018 @ 20:57:16

0xln said:

Big fan of Hashtopolis personally, seems to be what most of the competing teams used to manage things

Started working on installing that after I posted.. Hopefully figure it out this evening.

Have a good setup walk-through? The one I am looking at right now says depreciated, do not use.. lol

kevinds

Team:
Tue, 04 Dec 2018 @ 20:47:44

0xln said:

I took the shortcut and used the docker method.. I might have to try to do it properly again because the version is old though.

Seems very awkward to use, but that is likely my in-experience with it.. Have to keep going into 'Agents' and marking an agent as active if I re-start the client.

Can John the Ripper be used with Hashtopolis? Is it just as simple as re-compressing the files as a 7z file? My Hashcat worker rejects the zip2john hash..

I might have to try the plaintext attack again.. Argh... lol 9-10KB text file, 2KB ZIP file.

The available tools are great if you know how to use them.. My desire is for better manuals.. haha

4 Results - Page 1 of 1 -

We have a total of 163291 messages in 20499 topics.
We have a total of 19266 registered users.
Our newest registered member is Zirax.