NOTE: When cracking WPA/WPA2 passwords, make sure you check gpuhash.me first incase it's already been processed.

Home - General Discussion - I need some help setting up a distrubuted cracking system. CrackLord maybe?

WARNING!
Due to the number of SCAMS going on in the PAID forum, PLEASE ask an ADMIN or MODERATOR to verify ALL found passwords to ensure you are not being SCAMMED.
DO NOT PAY until an ADMIN or MOD has verified them for you!

4 Results - Page 1 of 1 -
kevinds

Team:
Sun, 02 Dec 2018 @ 18:22:58

Hello,

I am trying to setup a web interface for managing cracking jobs for various projects.

Right now PKZIP2..

CrackLord seemed to fit exactly what I needed but complete and total failure at every step/option.

So to start, because I keep finding most places that Hashcat doesn't support PKZIP2 at all.. But then some places say it is supported but CPU only?
a
What other resource managers are there (I plan to run the management server on one of my VMs at home on a public IP) then work machines hopefully with various OSs connecting to it. Would be nice to have AWS integrated, specifically Spot Instances.. Also have a number of Windows based gaming computers spread around that could join in..

What should I be looking at for the management server? There are a few to choose from.. CrackLord seemed close to perfect if it would have worked.. Been trying for a week.. For workers, right now I have two dual-E5 servers that are blank and ready to work, a few Windows gaming systems, and some AWS credit to use.

I am familiar with Debian and CentOS 6, but not not anywhere near an expert.

I tried the Passware software package that is floating around but that was just inefficient.. It wouldn't work the hosts. (AWS example - c4.xlarge was doing the same number of hashes as g2.8xlarge, which was also the same as one of the dual E5 servers) Glad I didn't pay for it..

I will appreciate any pointers and guidance.. Thank you

0xln

Team:
Sun, 02 Dec 2018 @ 19:22:21

Big fan of Hashtopolis personally, seems to be what most of the competing teams used to manage things

kevinds

Team:
Sun, 02 Dec 2018 @ 20:57:16

0xln said:

Big fan of Hashtopolis personally, seems to be what most of the competing teams used to manage things

Started working on installing that after I posted.. Hopefully figure it out this evening.

Have a good setup walk-through? The one I am looking at right now says depreciated, do not use.. lol

kevinds

Team:
Tue, 04 Dec 2018 @ 20:47:44

0xln said:

I took the shortcut and used the docker method.. I might have to try to do it properly again because the version is old though.

Seems very awkward to use, but that is likely my in-experience with it.. Have to keep going into 'Agents' and marking an agent as active if I re-start the client.

Can John the Ripper be used with Hashtopolis? Is it just as simple as re-compressing the files as a 7z file? My Hashcat worker rejects the zip2john hash..

I might have to try the plaintext attack again.. Argh... lol 9-10KB text file, 2KB ZIP file.

The available tools are great if you know how to use them.. My desire is for better manuals.. haha

4 Results - Page 1 of 1 -

We have a total of 163685 messages in 20542 topics.
We have a total of 19308 registered users.
Our newest registered member is WeeJobbieMilzo.