NOTE: Why not use our List Manager to crack your lists? Its easy and enables better management.

NOTE: When cracking WPA/WPA2 passwords, make sure you check gpuhash.me first incase it's already been processed.

Home - Wireless Cracking - Beginner School

3 Results - Page 1 of 1 -
endenil

Team:
Sat, 08 Dec 2018 @ 05:44:04

Was wondering if the proficient community out there could help a novice in 1 of 2 ways, either suggest next steps for reading, or possibly supply some .caps for practice to test my metal (and hopefully earn a little +rep for my troubles?)

1) Im still a novice but have read enough to have captured a few handshakes and cracked a few of them. I dabbled with Hashcat, but don't have any GPU capabilities. Im really interested in the theory behind all of this, but having spent hours and hours reading, I could use some curated ideas of where to go next.

2)Anyone have some novice .caps files they could upload for me to test my wordlisting chops?

you all rock, thanks for the help

StuW

Team:
Mon, 31 Dec 2018 @ 21:03:12

Personally I started like everyone else and just threw random dictionaries and full keyspace's at cap files but then learned about analysing previous cracked caps of the same ISP/Routers. A good example are the non-Q Sky routers where a full keyspace search on a 1080ti can take more than a day whereas with statistical analysis you can cut that down to a few hours.

There are more in-depth methods on this but it's a good place to start

endenil

Team:
Sat, 05 Jan 2019 @ 03:13:53

Good idea, thanks for the tip

3 Results - Page 1 of 1 -

We have a total of 175155 messages in 21836 topics.
We have a total of 19971 registered users.
Our newest registered member is McNess.