NOTE: Why not use our List Manager to crack your lists? Its easy and enables better management.

NOTE: When cracking WPA/WPA2 passwords, make sure you check gpuhash.me first incase it's already been processed.

Home - General Discussion - Brain function explanation please

4 Results - Page 1 of 1 -
kevtheskin

Team:
Mon, 07 Jan 2019 @ 21:19:04

Ok guys and gals,
Can someone tell me what the brain function is usefull for. Is it for shared cracking? I have a I7 gamming laptop with 1060 max q card and also a workstation with I7 1080 card can they be used together to speed up my wee cracking sessions. If so how do I go about it please.

Thanks for any replies in advance.

Cheers Kev

freeroute
Team:
Tue, 08 Jan 2019 @ 08:00:37

How-to use hashcat-brain function for slow hashes.

Welcome to hashcat v5.0.0!

If I helped a +rep is appreciated!

: 13hDMK85KhVnPb2eTFBacHD6kDjKYFLudb
XMPP: freeroute@xmpp.jp
General rules | Paid section rules

gpuhash_me

Team: gpuhash team
Tue, 08 Jan 2019 @ 08:50:27

Hashcat brain simply checks if the given password candidate has been calculated for the given hash:salt (and skips if it has already done)
Thus you can run any wordlist/rules combinations and not worry about possible duplicates (applicable to single or shared workers)
But it used for very slow hashes (such as bcrypt) because of possible bottlenecks in network performance

GPUHASH.me team official representative
Support, discounts, free offers for HK members
1GpuhashYawxmCeuypAXGXMhd23y1dm9gb

kevtheskin

Team:
Tue, 29 Jan 2019 @ 20:02:08

gpuhash_me said:

Hashcat brain simply checks if the given password candidate has been calculated for the given hash:salt (and skips if it has already done)
Thus you can run any wordlist/rules combinations and not worry about possible duplicates (applicable to single or shared workers)
But it used for very slow hashes (such as bcrypt) because of possible bottlenecks in network performance

Hello again, So if I run 2xpc's do I have to run both at the same time with the same word list. Not quite getting this?

Cheers Kev

4 Results - Page 1 of 1 -

We have a total of 174992 messages in 21819 topics.
We have a total of 19957 registered users.
Our newest registered member is nhungthientai.