NOTE: When cracking WPA/WPA2 passwords, make sure you check gpuhash.me first incase it's already been processed.

Home - WPA Packet Cracking - Hashcat Throwing Wrong Password

WARNING!
Due to the number of SCAMS going on in the PAID forum, PLEASE ask an ADMIN or MODERATOR to verify ALL found passwords to ensure you are not being SCAMMED.
DO NOT PAY until an ADMIN or MOD has verified them for you!

4 Results - Page 1 of 1 -
Oun-P

Team:
Sat, 02 Feb 2019 @ 02:48:05

So Im cracking my home wifi and
hashcat is throwing the wrong password with the given PMKID. Hashcat v 4.2.1 and higher has been tested.

Mockedarche

Team:
Sat, 02 Feb 2019 @ 03:23:43

If you used airodump remember unless you specify the certain connection it will pick up possibly anything. Aka mobile hotspots or any other signal on a certain channel. I personally have never had hashcat give a password that is incorrect. Double check the checkpoint that was captured (with airodump it states the bssid I believe of the handshake). Then make sure you're entering the password correctly. If either of those don't work then im sure someone else can give a deeper answer.

If I helped rep

Oun-P

Team:
Sat, 02 Feb 2019 @ 03:49:59

Mockedarche said:

If you used airodump remember unless you specify the certain connection it will pick up possibly anything. Aka mobile hotspots or any other signal on a certain channel. I personally have never had hashcat give a password that is incorrect. Double check the checkpoint that was captured (with airodump it states the bssid I believe of the handshake). Then make sure you're entering the password correctly. If either of those don't work then im sure someone else can give a deeper answer.

When you say "specify certain connecton" are you referring to the channel of the BSSID I want to crack? Im new to this so I may need clarification for certain things.

Mockedarche

Team:
Sun, 03 Feb 2019 @ 07:28:56

What im assuming happened is you attempted to get a handshake from your home wifi and got a handshake from a different connection. Meaning when you got the handshake it wasn't the one you wanted. When using Airodump-ng use the --bssid parameter to specify YOUR access point's bssid (mac adress).

If I helped rep

4 Results - Page 1 of 1 -

We have a total of 170577 messages in 21367 topics.
We have a total of 19407 registered users.
Our newest registered member is Goshaufaetece.