NOTE: Why not use our List Manager to crack your lists? Its easy and enables better management.

NOTE: When cracking WPA/WPA2 passwords, make sure you check gpuhash.me first incase it's already been processed.

Home - WPA Packet Cracking - Hashcat Throwing Wrong Password

4 Results - Page 1 of 1 -
Oun-P

Team:
Sat, 02 Feb 2019 @ 02:48:05

So Im cracking my home wifi and
hashcat is throwing the wrong password with the given PMKID. Hashcat v 4.2.1 and higher has been tested.

Mockedarche

Team:
Sat, 02 Feb 2019 @ 03:23:43

If you used airodump remember unless you specify the certain connection it will pick up possibly anything. Aka mobile hotspots or any other signal on a certain channel. I personally have never had hashcat give a password that is incorrect. Double check the checkpoint that was captured (with airodump it states the bssid I believe of the handshake). Then make sure you're entering the password correctly. If either of those don't work then im sure someone else can give a deeper answer.

If I helped rep

Oun-P

Team:
Sat, 02 Feb 2019 @ 03:49:59

Mockedarche said:

If you used airodump remember unless you specify the certain connection it will pick up possibly anything. Aka mobile hotspots or any other signal on a certain channel. I personally have never had hashcat give a password that is incorrect. Double check the checkpoint that was captured (with airodump it states the bssid I believe of the handshake). Then make sure you're entering the password correctly. If either of those don't work then im sure someone else can give a deeper answer.

When you say "specify certain connecton" are you referring to the channel of the BSSID I want to crack? Im new to this so I may need clarification for certain things.

Mockedarche

Team:
Sun, 03 Feb 2019 @ 07:28:56

What im assuming happened is you attempted to get a handshake from your home wifi and got a handshake from a different connection. Meaning when you got the handshake it wasn't the one you wanted. When using Airodump-ng use the --bssid parameter to specify YOUR access point's bssid (mac adress).

If I helped rep

4 Results - Page 1 of 1 -

We have a total of 184841 messages in 22879 topics.
We have a total of 20659 registered users.
Our newest registered member is xotwod.