NEW: We have a Discord server now. Click here to go there now!

NOTE: Why not use our List Manager to crack your lists? Its easy and enables better management.

NOTE: When cracking WPA/WPA2 passwords, make sure you check gpuhash.me first incase it's already been processed.

Home - General Discussion - A few questions that may be stupid, but I'm going to ask them anyways.


6 Results - Page 1 of 1 -
1
Author Message
Avatar
dnimativ

Status: Member
Joined: Wed, 27 Feb 2019
Posts: 243
Team:
Reputation: 70 Reputation
Offline
Mon, 08 Apr 2019 @ 19:07:12

1. If I encrypt a cleartext password, and then do it again ... will I get the same result both times?

2. Is brute-forcing difficult hashes like bcrypt or pbkdf2_sha256 out to 12 keyspaces even realistic for a high-end commercial computer, like some of you have? I'm noticing that the Dubsmash, Hautelook, and 8tracks leaks on Hashes.org are creeping up very slowly in the "founds." Does this mean no one can realistically sit down and brute force the not-cracked list up to a reasonable number of keyspaces?

3. ... why is InsidePro still running a banner ad when they're dead and gone?


Avatar
Purpleninja225

Status: Cracker
Joined: Thu, 05 Jul 2018
Posts: 153
Team:
Reputation: 282 Reputation
Offline
Mon, 08 Apr 2019 @ 20:09:50

1. are you talking about encrypting the password then encrypting the result again? If so, then no you won't get the same result cause you are encrypting a different input. (also I think you are meaning hashing a password, no?)

2 brute-force/mask attack on bcrypt and the like out to 12 characters is a pretty useless effort, even on large commercial rig. Maybe if you had access to a government supercomputer it seems like it would be a little more doable, but I doubt it.

3. It's likely that Blandy hasn't updated the ad banner to remove it. He is quite a busy person and hashkiller.co.uk isn't his only job.


+rep if I helped. GTX 750 Ti & GTX 970
Github: https://github.com/PurpleNinja225/Hash-Cracking Discord: PurpleNinja225 #6785

Tipz Jar:
BTC 321aVnFwQrhZcHoCoPzp1Vh46rUiQmExzp
ETH 0xF5ab8429F6991f0232Dd4A0eB8318a4e172b1282

Avatar
dnimativ

Status: Member
Joined: Wed, 27 Feb 2019
Posts: 243
Team:
Reputation: 70 Reputation
Offline
Mon, 08 Apr 2019 @ 20:42:41

Purpleninja225 said:

1. are you talking about encrypting the password then encrypting the result again? If so, then no you won't get the same result cause you are encrypting a different input. (also I think you are meaning hashing a password, no?)

I was referring to hashing a password using an algorithm, then separately doing it again to the same plaintext password using the same algorithm. Do you get the same result twice for the same process?

Because that would make sense, but that doesn't mean it's true.


Avatar
UncleJay

Status: Cracker
Joined: Mon, 04 Mar 2019
Posts: 1259
Team:
Reputation: 3215 Reputation
Online
Mon, 08 Apr 2019 @ 20:48:08

dnimativ said:

Purpleninja225 said:

1. are you talking about encrypting the password then encrypting the result again? If so, then no you won't get the same result cause you are encrypting a different input. (also I think you are meaning hashing a password, no?)

I was referring to hashing a password using an algorithm, then separately doing it again to the same plaintext password using the same algorithm. Do you get the same result twice for the same process?

Because that would make sense, but that doesn't mean it's true.

Just a suggestion...Give it a try using a hash generator such as this and see what result you get.

https://www.browserling.com/tools/all-hashes


Please + rep If I helped out.

BTC: 18rnmqMKkJUowRoYYJGym8oBbhnXDn8fAn
ETH: 0xd2BEa7712F9038D72b3DE346ff93139cBa168D04

Avatar
Purpleninja225

Status: Cracker
Joined: Thu, 05 Jul 2018
Posts: 153
Team:
Reputation: 282 Reputation
Offline
Mon, 08 Apr 2019 @ 20:55:02

If you has password "password 123" with md5 you get 6d2e1c6dd505a108cc7e19a46aa30a8a (I used the md5 hash generator on the main hashkiller site.

here is the same password generated with the generator on hashes.org 6d2e1c6dd505a108cc7e19a46aa30a8a

exactly the same.


+rep if I helped. GTX 750 Ti & GTX 970
Github: https://github.com/PurpleNinja225/Hash-Cracking Discord: PurpleNinja225 #6785

Tipz Jar:
BTC 321aVnFwQrhZcHoCoPzp1Vh46rUiQmExzp
ETH 0xF5ab8429F6991f0232Dd4A0eB8318a4e172b1282

Avatar
dnimativ

Status: Member
Joined: Wed, 27 Feb 2019
Posts: 243
Team:
Reputation: 70 Reputation
Offline
Mon, 08 Apr 2019 @ 21:31:59

UncleJay said:


Just a suggestion...Give it a try using a hash generator such as this and see what result you get.

https://www.browserling.com/tools/all-hashes


Dammit ... if I wasn't so drunk I would've thought of that myself. Thanks, to both of you that's responded.



6 Results - Page 1 of 1 -
1

We have a total of 216393 messages in 26462 topics.
We have a total of 23324 registered users.
Our newest registered member is sammy89.