NOTE: Why not use our List Manager to crack your lists? Its easy and enables better management.

NOTE: When cracking WPA/WPA2 passwords, make sure you check gpuhash.me first incase it's already been processed.

Home - General Discussion - Can hcmask file be loaded into hybrid for hashcat gui?

6 Results - Page 1 of 1 -
MGakowski

Team:
Wed, 24 Apr 2019 @ 14:10:39

Hi guys, getting back into some cracking after a while and just having trouble using the gui v1.1 with hashcat 5.1.0 at the moment. I'm trying to do a hybrid attack like I use to do no problems, but I must be doing something wrong now. I thought you could have a hcmask file run through a dictionary attack. Is that still possible? If so how is it done now? Cheers!

[ PC1 ]
CPU = i7 Haswell @ 3.5 GHz Dual-core
GPU = 2 x GTX-780

dipeperon

Team:
Wed, 24 Apr 2019 @ 22:32:11

for loop on the masks, hybrid attack with each seperate mask

cons:
* you will have to reload the hashlist for every new mask

pros:
* more performance than combination on large mask keyspace because of the bruteforce kernel

you could solve this by generating the masks and running them combined into two combination attacks

cons:
* you lose performance on a big keyspace because you take away the bruteforce kernel

pros:
* can merge a lot of (small) masks into one attack, so only one time to load hashlist

Mind your total keyspace is per attack is: [dictionary line count] * [mask keyspace] or [dictionary line count1] * [dictiony line count2]

Hope this helps.

My haschat stuff (rules, scripts): https://github.com/theherp/Hashcat-stuff
BTC: 3C2h4xscGRq7XfZLicoVjRVkYrqqJ1Urc5

MGakowski

Team:
Thu, 25 Apr 2019 @ 00:30:28

dipeperon said:

for loop on the masks, hybrid attack with each seperate mask

cons:
* you will have to reload the hashlist for every new mask

pros:
* more performance than combination on large mask keyspace because of the bruteforce kernel

Thanks, but I definitely remember not having to reload the hash file every time for a new mask.
I would have a mask file with short masks on each line to be either prefixed or affixed to the dictionary list and hashcat would go through the mask on each line and affix it to each word in the dictionary. Just not sure how to accomplish this again.

[ PC1 ]
GPU = 2 x GTX-780

MGakowski

Team:
Thu, 25 Apr 2019 @ 00:57:23

Got it working again!

Just used the following command:

hashcat64.exe -a 6 --session=2019-04-25 -m 0 -w 3 --status --status-timer=60 --potfile-disable --remove -p : -O --hwmon-disable -o "C:\...output.txt" --outfile-format=3 "C:\...hashlist.hash" "C:\...dictionary.lst" "C:\...hcmask\mymaskfile.hcmask"

For some reason I think I was still able to do it from the gui a year or 2 ago. Unable to load a hcmask in hybrid in the gui this time though. Thanks, hope this helps others!

[ PC1 ]
GPU = 2 x GTX-780

dipeperon

Team:
Thu, 25 Apr 2019 @ 01:08:17

MGakowski said:

Got it working again!

Just used the following command:

hashcat64.exe -a 6 --session=2019-04-25 -m 0 -w 3 --status --status-timer=60 --potfile-disable --remove -p : -O --hwmon-disable -o "C:\...output.txt" --outfile-format=3 "C:\...hashlist.hash" "C:\...dictionary.lst" "C:\...hcmask\mymaskfile.hcmask"

For some reason I think I was still able to do it from the gui a year or 2 ago. Unable to load a hcmask in hybrid in the gui this time though. Thanks, hope this helps others!

Oh didn't knew this was possible

My haschat stuff (rules, scripts): https://github.com/theherp/Hashcat-stuff
BTC: 3C2h4xscGRq7XfZLicoVjRVkYrqqJ1Urc5

MGakowski

Team:
Thu, 25 Apr 2019 @ 02:28:57

I might add that when wanting to do "-a 7" attack mode instead, the "C:\...dictionary.lst" and "C:\...maskfile.hcmask" must swap order in the command line to correspond with that type of attack. So -a 6 = dict+hcmask and -a 7 = hcmask+dict.

[ PC1 ]
GPU = 2 x GTX-780

6 Results - Page 1 of 1 -

76 users online in the last hour
Pats517, ogusers, michaelhenry958, Espira, capric0rnu$,

We have a total of 184929 messages in 22892 topics.
We have a total of 20674 registered users.
Our newest registered member is hoodiecookies.