NOTE: Why not use our List Manager to crack your lists? Its easy and enables better management.

NOTE: When cracking WPA/WPA2 passwords, make sure you check gpuhash.me first incase it's already been processed.

Home - Other Hashes - Bus ticket QR codes ;)

4 Results - Page 1 of 1 -
evil976

Team:
Tue, 21 May 2019 @ 09:57:41

I have a small database of some of the QR codes generated on my local buses for one day go-anywhere tickets.

Format is like this (as CSV)

4,2, MD5SUM (of ?), BCS1 (Ticket Type?), Valid FROM [1], Valid TO [1], Company?, Always 0, 36 bytes encoded as base64?

[1] Time in seconds (as hex) since Sunday, 3 January 2010 00:00:00

Anyone know any tools which might help me make correlations between the data i have and the MD5SUM?

In theory, it may be possible to generate valid tickets if I can work out what is fed into the md5.

I presume that the details are not checked OTA against a database, since if there were connectivity problems, nobody would be able to get on the bus, and also the bus scanner *instantly* accepts a valid ticket, if it was checking over cellular network and then querying a database, there would likely be noticeable latency...

Don't know if any other companies use this system..

Can provide the data I have so far if anyone is interested in taking a ganders at it?

Public transport should be free anyways, IMHO.

Peace!

J

pasnger57

Team:
Tue, 21 May 2019 @ 11:18:19

NO i know that the the system is of generation and paymanend are based on Time of purchase and formulated by that with a random daylily seed which you do not know and can not no as it is Random each day
no external network is necessary for checking as the dalaly seed is stored on the bus in the network each day and reset as the opratters take the buss OFFline and ONLINE at least that how most of it work in my region and assuming most outer work under similarly principles

evil976

Team:
Tue, 21 May 2019 @ 20:52:59

Interesting... as it so happens, a while back I cracked the 128 bit WEP key for the buses onboard terminals.. allows access to change things like the route number/name displayed on the front of the bus as well as controlling the onboard wifi etc.

Stupidly, there is no password for the html based interface!

Wonder if somewhere this seed might be stored...

pasnger57

Team:
Tue, 21 May 2019 @ 23:18:38

evil976 said:

Interesting... as it so happens, a while back I cracked the 128 bit WEP key for the buses onboard terminals.. allows access to change things like the route number/name displayed on the front of the bus as well as controlling the onboard wifi etc.

Stupidly, there is no password for the html based interface!

Wonder if somewhere this seed might be stored...

possible but that sounds like a different system for rider and not the payment side of the buss as that probably on a entirely different network of computers/kiosks that my update only as it reaches a terminal and such
and as for my familiarity with the tracking is limited to my own region and use

4 Results - Page 1 of 1 -

We have a total of 206578 messages in 25447 topics.
We have a total of 22609 registered users.
Our newest registered member is byhuutran.