NEW: We have a Discord server now. Click here to go there now!

NOTE: Why not use our List Manager to crack your lists? Its easy and enables better management.

NOTE: When cracking WPA/WPA2 passwords, make sure you check gpuhash.me first incase it's already been processed.

Home - Wireless Cracking - cracking a wifi through a hp printer?

3 Results - Page 1 of 1 -
grubbz

Team:
Mon, 24 Jun 2019 @ 14:33:18

so i found the wireless password of a hp printer nearby, an officejet pro 6960, and found that it just so happens to be connected to the wifi of the cap file i have in the wireless cracking forum. first thing i did was head to the web gui and try to reveal it from the password form on the advanced settings page but it was just a fake filler password, and ive created and downloaded a .enc backup file of the settings and fax stuff, etc from the backup and restoration option, but im unfamiliar with decrypting the file, though i do have the password for it. its on current firmware so that vulnerability from last year is out.

any suggestions on a means of decrypting the .enc backup file or another way to extract the wifi password from the printer?

Xkaper

Team:
Mon, 24 Jun 2019 @ 21:09:22

You can access the printers config page, under wireless settings you can find the password hidden in ********, inspect the element and change the 'Password' Field to 'text'.

grubbz

Team:
Tue, 25 Jun 2019 @ 03:09:56

Xkaper said:

You can access the printers config page, under wireless settings you can find the password hidden in ********, inspect the element and change the 'Password' Field to 'text'.

thats what i meant about the fake filler password i mentioned in the OP. i tried that but it came out as "fakefilled", so hp just has a fake password there to make ************* in the box. and i tested it to be sure, and that wasnt the actual password.

3 Results - Page 1 of 1 -

We have a total of 192742 messages in 23951 topics.
We have a total of 21676 registered users.
Our newest registered member is mrbeliever.