NEW: We have a Discord server now. Click here to go there now!

NOTE: Why not use our List Manager to crack your lists? Its easy and enables better management.

NOTE: When cracking WPA/WPA2 passwords, make sure you check gpuhash.me first incase it's already been processed.

Home - General Discussion - Which way is faster for email md5 crack


12 Results - Page 1 of 1 -
1
Author Message
Avatar
johnsnow

Status: Banned
Joined: Wed, 05 Jun 2019
Posts: 169
Team:
Reputation: 100 Reputation
Offline
Thu, 25 Jul 2019 @ 20:30:55

WARNING! User is BANNED and maybe a SCAMMER.

I have a wordlist of 33gb of emails.
11gb of the parts before @ symbol.
Trying 33gb of wordlist takes time, what about trying it with "first part" and "right domain part"
Which way would be faster?


Feel free to tip if I helped. Don't forget to +rep
BTC:1BYKFGXh5bsDiUpky6fn6EqLXrdE1USJzT
ETH:0x59c769d584df42b5c71caa458583ee37af63a184

Avatar
dipeperon

Status: Member
Joined: Tue, 03 Apr 2018
Posts: 431
Team:
Reputation: 431 Reputation
Offline
Thu, 25 Jul 2019 @ 21:34:06

Both are valid methods. But generally speaking a dictionary (with rules) is the best method.


My haschat stuff (rules, scripts): https://github.com/theherp/Hashcat-stuff

Avatar
superbobo

Status: Cracker
Joined: Thu, 19 Jul 2012
Posts: 279
Team:
Reputation: 183 Reputation
Online
Mon, 29 Jul 2019 @ 01:29:10

Try this list, it has helped me a lot in the past


BTC: 17RF8JVwEt3ihfmapAwzJ1WgU914mqGtLt

XMPP: superbobo51@xmpp.jp

Attachments: Login to view attachments.
Avatar
Kotisina

Status: n/a
Joined: Sat, 10 Aug 2019
Posts: 3
Team:
Reputation: 0 Reputation
Offline
Sat, 10 Aug 2019 @ 11:49:42

is the best method.


Avatar
kevtheskin

Status: Member
Joined: Wed, 21 Feb 2018
Posts: 390
Team:
Reputation: 261 Reputation
Online
Sun, 18 Aug 2019 @ 20:26:07

dipeperon said:

Both are valid methods. But generally speaking a dictionary (with rules) is the best method.


Hi dipeperon how are ye, Can you tell me what sort of word list and rules could be used please. Cheers Kev


Avatar
dipeperon

Status: Member
Joined: Tue, 03 Apr 2018
Posts: 431
Team:
Reputation: 431 Reputation
Offline
Sun, 18 Aug 2019 @ 20:50:36

kevtheskin said:


Hi dipeperon how are ye, Can you tell me what sort of word list and rules could be used please. Cheers Kev

you can split the emails in 2 dictionaries: (mailuser)(@domain.x)

use rules on dictionary of mailusers to do modifications (general top rules kinda work) and append the top domains with another set of rules and tada you're cracking emails.


My haschat stuff (rules, scripts): https://github.com/theherp/Hashcat-stuff

Avatar
kevtheskin

Status: Member
Joined: Wed, 21 Feb 2018
Posts: 390
Team:
Reputation: 261 Reputation
Online
Sun, 18 Aug 2019 @ 23:36:22

dipeperon said:

kevtheskin said:


Hi dipeperon how are ye, Can you tell me what sort of word list and rules could be used please. Cheers Kev

you can split the emails in 2 dictionaries: (mailuser)(@domain.x)

use rules on dictionary of mailusers to do modifications (general top rules kinda work) and append the top domains with another set of rules and tada you're cracking emails.


Hi there, Not really understanding this. Can you give me a wee example please. Cheers Kev


Avatar
dipeperon

Status: Member
Joined: Tue, 03 Apr 2018
Posts: 431
Team:
Reputation: 431 Reputation
Offline
Tue, 20 Aug 2019 @ 04:51:29

kevtheskin said:

dipeperon said:

kevtheskin said:


Hi dipeperon how are ye, Can you tell me what sort of word list and rules could be used please. Cheers Kev

you can split the emails in 2 dictionaries: (mailuser)(@domain.x)

use rules on dictionary of mailusers to do modifications (general top rules kinda work) and append the top domains with another set of rules and tada you're cracking emails.


Hi there, Not really understanding this. Can you give me a wee example please. Cheers Kev

john.doe@xmail.com
dip1@peperon.com

dictionary 1:
john.doe
dip1


dictionary 2:
@xmail.com
@peperon.com

rules 1:
$1
$9 $6

rules 2:
@xmail.com
@ymail.com

output:
john.doe1@xmail.com
john.doe1@ymail.com
john.doe96@ymail.com
...
dip11@xmail.com
... etc


My haschat stuff (rules, scripts): https://github.com/theherp/Hashcat-stuff

Avatar
kevtheskin

Status: Member
Joined: Wed, 21 Feb 2018
Posts: 390
Team:
Reputation: 261 Reputation
Online
Tue, 20 Aug 2019 @ 20:50:39

dipeperon said:

kevtheskin said:

dipeperon said:

kevtheskin said:


Hi dipeperon how are ye, Can you tell me what sort of word list and rules could be used please. Cheers Kev

you can split the emails in 2 dictionaries: (mailuser)(@domain.x)

use rules on dictionary of mailusers to do modifications (general top rules kinda work) and append the top domains with another set of rules and tada you're cracking emails.


Hi there, Not really understanding this. Can you give me a wee example please. Cheers Kev

john.doe@xmail.com
dip1@peperon.com

dictionary 1:
john.doe
dip1


dictionary 2:
@xmail.com
@peperon.com

rules 1:
$1
$9 $6

rules 2:
@xmail.com
@ymail.com

output:
john.doe1@xmail.com
john.doe1@ymail.com
john.doe96@ymail.com
...
dip11@xmail.com
... etc


Sorry peeps still not getting it. Is this a combinator attack Can you give me an example hashcat64.exe -m0 etc etc Cheers Kev


Avatar
dipeperon

Status: Member
Joined: Tue, 03 Apr 2018
Posts: 431
Team:
Reputation: 431 Reputation
Offline
Tue, 20 Aug 2019 @ 22:14:00

kevtheskin said:


Sorry peeps still not getting it. Is this a combinator attack Can you give me an example hashcat64.exe -m0 etc etc Cheers Kev

1. Dictionary with email usernames (aka stripped domain part)
2. general top rules eg: best64.rule
3. rules to append top domains like @gmail.com, @hotmail.com etc.

So no, it's just a normal -a 0 attack, just with 2 rule files.


My haschat stuff (rules, scripts): https://github.com/theherp/Hashcat-stuff

Avatar
kevtheskin

Status: Member
Joined: Wed, 21 Feb 2018
Posts: 390
Team:
Reputation: 261 Reputation
Online
Wed, 21 Aug 2019 @ 18:34:34

dipeperon said:

kevtheskin said:


Sorry peeps still not getting it. Is this a combinator attack Can you give me an example hashcat64.exe -m0 etc etc Cheers Kev

1. Dictionary with email usernames (aka stripped domain part)
2. general top rules eg: best64.rule
3. rules to append top domains like @gmail.com, @hotmail.com etc.

So no, it's just a normal -a 0 attack, just with 2 rule files.


Your a star thanks peeps. Kev


Avatar
team_cyclone

Status: Cracker
Joined: Sun, 25 Aug 2019
Posts: 453
Team:
Reputation: 401 Reputation
Online
Wed, 04 Sep 2019 @ 19:38:06

Here's an example of cracking md5 email hashes using stacked rules as mentioned above:

hashcat -m0 -a0 -O emailhash.txt dictionary.txt -r best64.rule -r basic_4_mail.rule

This applies best64.rule to dictionary.txt, then applies basic_4_mail.rule which appends email providers, ex: @gmail.com.

So john because john123@gmail.com, etc.

basic_4_mail.rule
https://paste.hashkiller.co.uk/FcIgaic4


Sysadmin by day | Hash cracker by night | GPU: 120 GH/s
ETH: 0xc6016a2D04031f9665761E4Db2363Cceaa4146A3
BTC: 1Fg38ik9xBFCQiVdAi9ztobJ9rGUYyefR5
+rep


12 Results - Page 1 of 1 -
1

We have a total of 215787 messages in 26389 topics.
We have a total of 23252 registered users.
Our newest registered member is Teflon.