NOTE: Why not use our List Manager to crack your lists? Its easy and enables better management.

NOTE: When cracking WPA/WPA2 passwords, make sure you check gpuhash.me first incase it's already been processed.

Home - General Discussion - Batch File Panic Button

6 Results - Page 1 of 1 -
Hash-IT

Team: HashKiller
Wed, 26 Jun 2013 @ 20:27:11

Just wondering if anyone knows the answer to this...

I am trying to make a batch file so I can quickly and remotely wipe ALL connected drives attached to my computer. All drives are already encrypted but I would like the option, time permitting, to be able to zero out all attached drives with a quick &quotpanic button&quot. The zeroing allows me some plausible deniability that the drives never had anything on them or were even encrypted at all. Ideally I would like to zero the first and last area's of the disk first then the entire drive. This would quickly remove the Truecrypt headers and backup area, if things were time critical.

I have made a batch script that dismounts all Truecrypt mounted dirves and wipes the password from memory.

The next stage of the script was supposed to &quotquick format&quot all connected drives without any further user intervention before overwriting the entire drive with zero.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem as if Win7 allows this to work via batch file. I can get it to work if I directly type into a command window but not when using a batch file, which seems odd to me.

At first I tried format d: /q /fs:exFAT /v:&quot&quot /y

This works when directly typing into the command window for my test drive ( USB Flash connected as drive D ).

However if I try this same code in my batch file it doesn't work. The problem seems to be with the /y part. I have tried......

format d: /q /fs:exFAT /v:&quot&quot /y
format d: /q /fs:exFAT /v:&quot&quot /autotest
format d: /q /fs:exFAT /v:&quot&quot
format d: /q /fs:exFAT /v:&quot&quot /q
format d: /q /fs:exFAT /v:&quot&quot {Enter}

Does anyone know about batch files in Win 7 and what I am doing wrong please ?

Thanks.

Please read the forum rules. | Please read the paid section rules.

BTC: 1MmWESN5bKZ1YSuHrm5uNwnQYxWyQnEQ6E

blandyuk
Admin / Owner
Thu, 27 Jun 2013 @ 08:51:58

Try it this way:

format d: /q /fs:exFAT /v:""
y

You can also use diskpart in command but not sure about using command-line paramaters thou.

Please read the forum rules | Please read the paid section rules
I accept private hash lists, with forum donations only.
BTC: 1JZGVq58m4RS1QQS8JE5xndzDFy2BvGU6y
GPU Power: 9x GTX 1070 + 6x GTX 1080

Hash-IT

Thu, 27 Jun 2013 @ 12:12:42

Thank you very much Blandy for your help

The problem has been found, my original script... format d: /q /fs:exFAT /v:&quot&quot /y actually works.

What was wrong was that I had named my batch file format.bat. Pixel told me to rename it and as soon as I did that it worked first time

Hash-IT

Mon, 01 Jul 2013 @ 16:09:54

I am struggling to work the next bit out. Does anyone know of a way to write directly to a specific area of a disk via commandline ? I need to be able to wipe the first and last 10MB (for example) of all connected hard drives and or flash drives.

The idea is to totally zero out the Truecrypt header and backup header on a running system and all attached drives. I understand this will trash the system but that is the idea It does have to be zero's though, random data is not really what I need.

If anyone is interested in this kind of thing, for fun, I have some ideas but lack the knowledge of scripting etc so perhaps we could make this an intersting project ?

Thanks.

K9

Team:
Mon, 01 Jul 2013 @ 16:49:39

You could try this: http://www.go4expert.com/articles/erase-hard-drive-quickly-10-t15259/
You could also try some tools like http://www.killdisk.com

If you want to physicaly kill the hd you could try &quotDegaussing&quot or buy a special hd for example &quotRuncore Invincible&quot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_ZP9a41bpI
edited by K9 on 01/07/2013

Hash-IT

Mon, 01 Jul 2013 @ 17:49:36

Thank you very much for your help.

K9 said:

You could try this: http://www.go4expert.com/articles/erase-hard-drive-quickly-10-t15259/

The code apparently doesn't overwrite the drive, from what I could gather from the comments on that thread it just deletes the partition table. neo_vi mentioned that everything was recoverable using partition table doctor.

I ideally wanted something to over write with zero's.

K9 said:

You could also try some tools like http://www.killdisk.com

I have tried killdisk, sdelete and basic DOS commands to achieve this but nothing has worked for me so far. The difficult bit is overwriting the end of the drive first then the begining.

I had thought of making a TC header recovery image and restoring it via command line. However TC does not restore the backup header at the end of the drive. I also could not make a fake header with just zero's.

I am now starting to think this is just impossible via windows while it is running. I guess I need to make a bootable flash drive with some sort of auto run feature that overwrites the first and last parts of a drive before performing a full zero out.

I have another problem though. This computer may not be in physical reach when I need to activate it. I will also need to reboot it from time to time while physically not present so I have to leave the flash drive in the socket.

My only idea is when I activate the panic button the script writes a bootable usb drive with my auto wipe software on and then restarts the computer.

This way I can reboot the computer as many times as I like as the flash drive is empty, however after the panic button the flash drive will have a bootable sector on it and the next boot does it's thing.

I still have the problem that the BIOS will probably still try to boot from the normal C drive, not sure how to get round this.

K9 said:

If you want to physicaly kill the hd you could try &quotDegaussing&quot or buy a special hd for example &quotRuncore Invincible&quot

Now I do like THAT !!!! It would ruin my plausible deniability but THAT is AWESOME !! LOL

edited by Hash-IT on 01/07/2013

6 Results - Page 1 of 1 -

We have a total of 206641 messages in 25455 topics.
We have a total of 22617 registered users.
Our newest registered member is Threshold238.