NEW: We have a Discord server now. Click here to go there now!

NOTE: Why not use our List Manager to crack your lists? Its easy and enables better management.

NOTE: When cracking WPA/WPA2 passwords, make sure you check gpuhash.me first incase it's already been processed.

Home - Wireless Cracking - Kali WIFI Script

8 Results - Page 1 of 1 -
Hash-IT

Team: HashKiller
Sun, 08 Dec 2013 @ 16:08:48

While I am experimenting, testing my wireless network I have some problems with Kali.

The first one is I often get into a mess with the amount of mon's running. This is probably to do with running kali in virtualbox but I would like to sort it.

So I made a script to run when I restart my wifi in Kali, it is suppose to clean up all previous instances and junk from any previous session.

airmon-ng stop mon0
airmon-ng stop mon1
airmon-ng stop mon2
etc to ..
airmon-ng stop mon9

The above actually works but it is messy.

In an effort to make my script tidier I tried to do this...

airmon-ng stop mon*

and this

airmon-ng stop mon. <--- full stop

I hoped that this would stop all monitors but it doesn't seem to.

Does anyone know of a way to make this neater please ?

####

My next problem again may be related to running in virtualbox but it is something I think could be worked round.

After running my usual wifi start up script which also puts my card into monitor mode I run airodump-ng straight after.

Oddly airodump-ng does not always show a display of wifi AP's. Airodump is running but there is no data displayed.

I often have to stop everything, unplug the wifi dongle and plug it in again. I then run my start up script and sometime airodump will start working.

Is there anything "smart" I could do to get airodump working in the first instance please ?

Thanks.

Please read the forum rules. | Please read the paid section rules.

BTC: 1MmWESN5bKZ1YSuHrm5uNwnQYxWyQnEQ6E

Blegos

Team:
Sun, 08 Dec 2013 @ 21:39:00

Hey Hash-IT - I'm not the best at Linux, far from it, but I sometimes experience the same issues as you, although not with multiple mons. When or if I need to restart my wireless device I tend to 'iwconfig wlan0 down', then up and then 'airmon-ng start wlan0' once again. I tend to also do this when my wash or airodump doesn't find any AP's. This usually, from what I can remember, resets the mon interface to start once again at mon0 where I like it to be. Either that or send my adapter back into the client for 10 secs before applying it back to my VM.

Oh, and that initial terminal with those first commands in place I always leave open on its own, just to be able to cursor up and find the one I'm after quickly.

Hash-IT

Sun, 08 Dec 2013 @ 22:52:43

Thank you Blegos for your reply +5

Looks like it is only us two who use Kali for wifi here LOL

I hadn't realised that 'iwconfig wlan0 down' got rid of all the old mon's. I will test that, thanks it will be much quicker.

The problem is now I have set myself a little problem (how to do mon* wildcard) I am determined to find out how to do it There must be something to do that, I just don't know what it would be called when trying to search for it.

Thanks again for your help.

Hash-IT

Mon, 09 Dec 2013 @ 13:26:30

Blegos said:

I tend to 'iwconfig wlan0 down'

I tried this today and got the following ..

iwconfig: unknown command "down"

PiXEL

Team:
Mon, 09 Dec 2013 @ 14:25:00

Isn't it ifconfig wlan0 down/up.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k
GPU: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

Hash-IT

Mon, 09 Dec 2013 @ 14:34:37

PiXEL said:

Isn't it ifconfig wlan0 down/up.

Yes, well it always has been for me.

It's just that Blegos said "I tend to 'iwconfig wlan0 down" which made me think to try it.

I am starting to think many of the wifi problems I am having are virtualbox related.

Thanks PiXEL

fruc

Team:
Wed, 15 Jan 2014 @ 15:53:55

What is your wifi card ? If its Broadcom were goin to have fun xD
I had some buged problems with my bcm card had to manually rewrite driver code and recompile =.=

also some pics would be nice to know when its occuring and in what way (pics of ifconfig and iwconfig commands so that i know what interfaces u have mounted and started) if its not too much to ask

And not intending to take over this thread but would anyone be interested in a python script for creating dictionaries (eg function("list of prefixes", wordlength) = wordlist.txt)

Hash-IT

Fri, 17 Jan 2014 @ 15:10:15

fruc said:

What is your wifi card ? If its Broadcom were goin to have fun xD

Hi fruc

Sorry for my late reply, I haven't been on-line much the last 2 days.

I have Alpha network (USB) wifi adaptors. I think most of my problem on this topic was to do with virtualbox. I just restart it to make a quick fix for this issue now. Thanks for the reply though

If you are knowledgeable about wifi (Alpha adaptors) and Kali I have a problem in a thread here which has been driving me crazy ! LOL Any help with that would be apriciated

8 Results - Page 1 of 1 -

We have a total of 211814 messages in 25985 topics.
We have a total of 22986 registered users.
Our newest registered member is mariake.